Saturday 17 June 2017

Saturday - need a few easy days

To be honest, I have been feeling flat since Tuesday. Not only when running, but even my mood has not been the same. Early signs of overtraining again, but at least I now recognise them. And today was more of the same. I almost didn't get out of bed, but then thought I was being soft. Warmed up to Curl Curl for Parkrun, really unsure as to how I was going to get through it. Then I saw Andy had shown up, so that was going to be my saviour. However, once we got up and going, I really just wasn't feeling it. Stayed with Andy for the first two kilometers, then my mind completely shut down so I just jogged back to the finish line then home. Looking back, the last three weeks have been extremely solid, both with quality and quantity (and included a 10km race). In fact, three 130+km weeks! So fitness wise it's all coming together, I just need to learn to respect the recovery process to ensure that I absorb all the hard work I'm doing. So an enforced recovery week every three to four weeks is always the plan at the outset, but as usual, it's very easy to get caught up with the endorphins associated with running well, meaning that this can be too easy to ignore. So, the plan for the next few days is a shorter long run tomorrow (20km), a complete rest day on Monday, 15km easy on Tuesday (can't make HuRTS this Tuesday anyway, so that works out well), then back to my normal schedule from Wednesday onwards. And unlike previous times when this has happened, I know that I am going to come out midway through next week feeling much better for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment