Sunday 18 June 2017

Sunday - 20km

Not a bad turnout this morning. I met Paul and Darren at the pool at 6:15am, before picking up Richard, Hamish and Tim along the way. Took the Opal card as I had set out to complete only 20km, but managed to convince Darren and Richard to turn at the fire station. I felt fairly ordinary up until about the 8km mark, then I came good. In fact, we had to slow it down a few times on the way home. Darren had a 20 minute effort to complete at the 80 minute mark (3km from the end for me), so I just let him and Richard run ahead. A nice and comfortable 20km at 4:18's. The good news is that I had more in me, which is encouraging. I'll take a complete rest day tomorrow, then an easy 15km on Tuesday. The plan is to resume normal training on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment