Thursday 22 June 2017

Thursday - HuRTS 10 x 400m (2:00 cycle), 4 x 150m

Very happy to be back out there training with the squad again - just a pity that I am right in the middle of suffering an annoying cold. On the bright side, today's session was probably the best of the lot considering how I felt. Not a bad turnout today. We actually got to run the session on the proper oval at Rushcutters Bay this time. 10 is a lot of reps, so although it is a shorter speed-based session, it's very easy to get carried away and blow up. So I just sat with Quentin for the first eight reps, after this I fell off slightly for the last two reps which wasn't surprising given how I felt. The first rep was the slowest at 73 seconds, with the rest being very consistent at 70-71, with the last two at 72 seconds. Then we finished off with some 150m sprints. I took these more as strides, simp,y keeping the controlled and just getting through them. All up, a good little session that hasn't completely killed me. 12km of warming-up and cooling-down for just over 17km all up. Now I've just got to rug up and keep up the Fisherman's Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment