Thursday 8 June 2017

Thursday - HuRTS Mona Fartlek

I thought that we had managed to find a rain-free window, but literally as we were about to start it lieterally poured down hard! Not as big a turnout as Tuesday, but still some fast guys there, including Barts, Scotty, CT, Toby, Anthony, Bruce and Mike. We started at the Overseas Passenger Terminal and headed to Barangaroo and return (plus a bit more at the end). I just tried to hand onto Barts and Scott as long as possible, which I managed up until the fourth one minute effort (the 13th of 20 minutes). Actually, running with them meant that I paced the session so much better than usual. The floats felt easy for the first half, but then it suddenly hit me on the aforementioned 13th minute. From there it was survival mode - I was solo and just going through the motions. In the end, finished with 5.95km averaging 3:22's. Although I can't compare this to previous Mona's, I am nonetheless happy with this. Very close to the elusive 6km mark (although there is a discrepancy between Garmin and Strava, with the latter saying I went over the 6km mark, but we all know how dubious Strava can be at times). About 100m off Scotty and Barts, so all in all quite a good effort. An easy jog to the Opera House with the two them before crossing the bridge back to the car. Just under 16km all up. Short, but a bloody tough session. The good news is that right now is the longest possible time between successive Mona Fartlek's (my most dreaded session)!

No comments:

Post a Comment