Thursday 15 June 2017

Thursday - HuRTS Pyramid session (1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1 laps)

A massive warm-up today. Met Scotty at the Opera House at 12pm before stopping at the Art Gallery and meeting the rest of the squad at 12:25pm. Then it was about a one mile jog to Rushcutters Bay Park for the session, meaning that my warm-up was just over 8km long! The actual oval itself was closed, so we ended up doing the session on a slightly longer (about 440m) loop that Tom made up consisting of some shirts and a council sign. The session itself sounded much easier than it actually was - the key was to pace the first half properly, which I think I did. So, the first half of the session actually felt relatively easy. I did most of the work for the first 5 reps, with Andy on my tail and pushing the final 100m of each rep. Then Jerome powered the final two reps home, at which stage I was so thankful that I had held back for the first few reps. A tough session, but really enjoyable at the same time. I took the direct route back home on the cooldown, meaning that it was only 6km (shorter than I anticipated). So leaving the car at Neutral Bay for the Thursday Rushcutters Bay sessions is still the way forward - I'll just run straight to the Art Gallery on the warm-up in the future instead of detouring around the Opera House and Mrs. Macquarie's Chair (admittedly, not the worst place in the world that I could be running)! 21.5km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment