Thursday 1 June 2017

Thursday (slight) taper - 6 x 400m (off 1'), 2 x 200m (off 30")

I couldn't make HuRTS today, so had originally planned to do the set session of Quarters solo. But I've decided to race at the Sydney Striders 10km race at North Head on Saturday, so Quarters two days out was not a wise idea. So did some 400m and 200m reps instead, running them hard but always in control. 400's were all between 72-74, 200's were both 36 seconds. I haven't done anything that short and sharp for a very long time, and it just highlights how much top end speed I've lost (which is good, as it means that I've got an area to really work on and improve). 5km warm-up and 5km cool-down for just over 13km all up. Although I'm not expecting anything near PB territory on Saturday, hopefully this session will help me more than Quarters would have. Besides, I'm still quite sore from Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment