Tuesday 27 June 2017

Tuesday - HuRTS 20 minutes hills + tempo

Tested out the new Asics Gel Hyperspeed's today - I didn't realise how much I missed these! They were fantastic, super light and comfortable. Enough support without being too restrictive. Another new session for me today. Met the crew at the gates of St Mary's at 12:25pm. Not a huge group today, probably due to the Gold Coast this weekend. The first 20 minutes was simply running up and down a short hill just near The Domain. Kept the pace solid yet comfortable, knowing that a 5km tempo followed. All up was 5.17km worth of hills, with Quentin on my tail keeping me honest. A five minute break which included a walk back to the gates before starting the '5km' tempo (measured 4.78km on my watch, but this is well known). Quentin and I started in the final '3:30 pace' group (although arguably a few others should have joined us - namely Toby). I was really happy with this, as again it felt strong and controlled, without red-lining at all. The first kilometer was quicker due to being a net downhill, then the following were within a second of each other. 3:24's average, with Quentin and I working together and keeping the pace consistent. A great session, lots of variety. With a 5km warm-up and 5km cool-down, just under 21km all up. Only got a little bit of dirt on the inside of my right shoe, so not a disaster after all. Manflu seems to have gone as well, so an extra bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment