Monday 7 August 2017

Saturday - Striders 10km, Lane Cove

I thought I would give myself a final hitout before deciding whether or not to race the City2Surf the following Sunday. Woke up not feeling great, my resting heart rate was higher than usual (strange, as I took a complete rest day on Friday). The warm-up felt terrible, but I put it down to the fact that it was absolutely freezing! The gun went and I was out the front with John Binfield, who is running amazingly well at the moment. After the first kilometer and a half, a young guy came and joined us, followed by Sean Bowes moments after. I felt comfortable. Just after Scribbly Gums we all hear some angry and loud breathing fast approaching - it was Dave Criniti, who had missed the start. We all let him go (not that we really had any other option). Then within a split second just past the four kilometer mark my legs went. That was it. I would have jogged back but I was almost there, so I simply cruised the rest of the race, not really caring who went past me and what time I ran. Got to the finish, grabbed my bag and went home. All was forgotten with a nice breakfast at The Boathouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment