Thursday 3 August 2017

Thursday - HuRTS 10 x 400m (off a 2' cycle), 4 x 150m

Decided to join the HuRTS guys again today, as I didn't feel up to the 20 minute Fartlek with Scotty & Barts. Really glad I did, as the 400's is just what I needed. Toby, Andy, Quentin and another guy joined the former two, but there was plenty of company at Rushcutters Bay for the 400's. Forgot how tough this session is - it's a lot kinder on paper than reality. I simply did my best to keep consistent, which I largely managed (although the final two reps were tough). Times were 70, 69, 70, 69, 70, 69, 70, 70, 71 and 71. Pretty knackered by the end of that. A few of us finished off with some 150m 'sprints' - more like 'strides' due to the fear of pulling something. Overall, a great short and sharp session. A massive warm-up and cool-down for just under 18km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment