Tuesday 15 August 2017

Tuesday - 5 x 1 mile (off 2' standing rest) + 8km recovery (pm)

I hate this session! The two minutes standing rest between the reps are about the only thing that motivates me to keep going, but even by the end of the session the novelty wears thin. I've been absolutely destroyed by this session in the past, due mainly to not giving it the respect it deserves (put simply, going out too hard). But today for the first time ever I managed to nail the pace from the first rep. It actually felt uncomfortable throughout (and I really had to battle with myself to stay on track), but never went beyond that red line. This was shown by my splits - 5'16.9, 5'16.6, 5'20.2, 5'18.1 and 5'20.9. Very consistent, averaging 5'18.5 (3:19 min/km pace). So an improvement since last time (3:22 pace), but still some way to go (best is 3:12 or 3:11 pace). So very happy with that! A longish cooldown for 17km all up. Just missed a very light bit of rain!

An easy 8km around Randwick just before lunch. Felt better and better the further I went. 4:39's.

No comments:

Post a Comment