Tuesday 1 August 2017

Tuesday - 5km tempo (off 3'), 2 x 1 mile (off 2')

Really starting to feel so much better, it's like night and day compared to where I was even a week ago! Met the group at the Overseas Passenger Terminal for a 12:30pm start. The session itself was massive in volume, and I was slightly apprehensive as to whether it was actually wise to do the whole set? The 5km tempo felt nice and controlled, the five of us all sticking together holding the planned 3:25's. Pace-wise it was great. A three minute break and then straight into the mile reps. I wanted to pace these correctly, so held back with Andy and Quentin, letting Scotty and Barts do their own thing out in front. However, Andy was pushing it, dragging Quentin and I along for the ride. In all honesty, our pace was too fast - finishing the first rep in 5:02 (3:09 pace), only just behind Barts and Scotty. Felt this in the second rep, as did the other two, finishing in 5:12 (3:15 pace - which was what the first one should have been). At this stage Quentin had to go, and he convinced me to do the same (the others had two more reps to do). I was really in two minds, I was hurting but could have potentially got another rep out. But then Quentin made the case for me by reinforcing my recent fatigue issues, so the decision was really a no-brainer. So we went for a cooldown around to the Opera House before going our separate ways. Just over 18km all up including a warm-up and cool-down. Feel absolutely great now! Hopefully I can build on this over the next few weeks. 12 weeks until the Burnie 10, and I would really love to be able to get in shape and do this, it would really make what has been a very frustrating 2017 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment