Tuesday 8 August 2017

Tuesday - Quarters (off 3'), 5 x 200m (off 100m jog) (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

I'm just stoked that I was able to get out and complete this session. Didn't care what pace I hit, I simply wanted to prove to myself that I am mentally strong enough to push through the pain barrier again. Very breezy out there, otherwise a beautiful morning out there. To curb some anxiety, I had a slight sleep in, setting the alarm to the late hour of 6:40am. Did an easy jog up to North Head before starting at around 7:30am. Although the session is brutal, it is very short. It felt like I was constantly running into a headwind. I could also tell that I've had a patchy few weeks of training, as the high end aerobic fitness was lacking somewhat. Probably kept the floats more controlled than usual - in fact, the floats were much more consistent than the efforts. Finished the 4.8km in 16'08.9 (yes, I've included tenths of a second as it looks quicker). So just under 3:22 min/km pace - nothing special, but about where I am expected to be at the moment (so I'm happy with that). A three minute walk before adding on some 200m efforts. These got faster, starting off at 40 seconds (admittedly, the first was uphill), then getting down to the 35s. Ran these more controlled as opposed to all out (don't think I had any option really). Did a long cool-down to get in some extra kilometers - around 17km all up. Very happy that I was able to get the session done!

First double in a very long time. Took it super easy, and actually feel much better for it. Four boring laps around Randwick in 4:48's.

No comments:

Post a Comment