Monday 16 October 2017

Monday - 15km

An amazing morning out there today, not a cloud in the sky, a very light southerly wind, and although still humid, the top temperature was a very tolerable 16 degrees. Monday is hit and miss for me - I always have a weekend’s worth of running in my legs, but sometimes this works for me (while other times I suffer). Today was the former, although I arguably pushed the pace a bit harder than usual (but as always, tried to consciously slow it down throughout the run). The Shelly-Fairlight loop it was (I don’t know which one I prefer - this or North Head). Why is it taking the council so long to rebuild the toilets between Manly and Shelly? The path is narrow enough through there at the best of times. It’s been over two months now! Back to the running, I saw a few familiar faces out there this morning in Jamie, Macca and Laurent (the latter who I also bumped into a Hakan’s Cafe yesterday as well). As I said, I probably pushed this one a bit more intensity-wise, but got home in a new benchmark of 54:05 (3:36’s), so it was well worth it. Not far off a sub-54 now! Similarly to yesterday, today’s run was powered off last night’s gado-gado. I’ve got one more dinner leftover for it tonight! It is the food of champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment