Saturday 14 October 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

Tough conditions out there this morning, but I actually felt slightly better than usual for a Saturday morning. This was negated, however, as soon as I took off - straight into a strong southerly! Luckily it didn’t last too long, as soon as I hit Fairlight it turned into more of a tailwind/crosswind. Once I hit the trails, I was relatively sheltered - minus a few random exposed bits here and there. As mentioned above, I felt strong, but I didn’t feel particularly fast. To be honest, I wasn’t concerned too much about the time this morning - just really running on feel (so obviously good times will come when I’m feeling good, and vice versa). The ordinary weather had the positive effect of keeping the trails relatively quite though, except for a few too many CanToo runners at the beginning. Quite surprised to get home quicker today than before, finishing in 86:15 (4:17’s, as the GPS read a more accurate distance of 20.16km this week), as I was almost positive I wouldn’t have gone under 87 (and was actually anticipating close to or above 88). So a nice little surprise. Avoiding the rain, although I am still yet to see it (and if anything, it looks less likely now than before). Time for some freshly baked granola!

No comments:

Post a Comment