Sunday 1 October 2017

Sunday - 30km

Up an hour earlier (unofficially) and out for a solo run around the lake. The conditions were perfect (12 degrees with a hint of chill in the air), much more pleasant than last Sunday’s 28 degrees with north westerly winds. My only complaint this morning was my GPS. It turned off just before the 5km mark, reset, then it was fine for the next two kilometers. After this it lost the plot, saying that I was running 7:00 min and min/km pace (which I am pretty sure was not the case). The good news was that I’ve been looking at the time when I start, and this morning kick-off was at 6:43am. So finishing outside Harris Farm at 8:38:30am gave me 1:55:30 for the 30km (3:51’s). Significantly faster than last week, which I already knew would happen based on the conditions alone. Even better was the fact that it felt completely comfortable and somewhat easy the whole way. Back at home now and I don’t feel sore or tired at all. As usual, a great start to the day, and now I’m looking forward to a massive breakfast and enjoying the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment