Thursday 5 October 2017

Thursday - 15km

It’s been one of those weeks where everything has just ‘clicked.’ I woke up this morning feeling surprisingly decent for a Thursday (which is generally the worst day as it’s the last of six successive days of running). Went out and ran my normal North Head loop feeling reasonably strong (not as strong as Monday or Tuesday, but not horrible either). Actually, there were quite a few moments earlier one where I had to drop the intensity and pace a bit. Quite humid, but otherwise a stunning morning after the sun came out from behind the few clouds in the sky. Knowing I wasn’t running as fast as Tuesday, I thought I would be satisfied with a high-55 minute effort. Got back in 55:00 (3:40’s), my fastest ever for the North Head loop! Actually, it would have been a few seconds under 55 if the GPS hadn’t under-read, as it registered 15km about 10m past my standard finish line. So that was a massive surprise, especially considering it is Thursday, and the fact that it didn’t feel as if I was smashing myself either (not like yesterday where I pushed it harder than I should have). Looking forward to a nice sleep in tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment