Tuesday 17 October 2017

Tuesday - 15km

I had one of those rare moments where I woke up this morning feeling great! I was almost certain that I would have sacrificed today’s run after yesterday’s effort. I was happy to be proven wrong! Tuesday means North Head, and after my usual procrastinating, I hit the road at 6:47am. Moments after I ran past Darren and Ben with some regret, as they were cooling down as I was just starting. I had to do a double-take while running along the beachfront as I saw a person walking a goat (yes, a proper goat) among all the dog walkers! Had I gone too hard that I was hallucinating? My initial thoughts were confirmed on the run home when I ran past the goat and it’s owner again! Anyway, I was feeling good and strong, so I went with it. If anything, I purposely backed the pace off more purposely today compared to yesterday, so the actual intensity was somewhat easier (not much, but enough to notice, which is the way it should be). Got back in a huge new benchmark of 54:14 (3:36’s), my first time under 55 for North Head, and only 9 seconds slower than yesterday’s flatter 15km! I was confident that today was going to be quicker, but had no idea that it would be by that much! Good conditions, barely any wind, 17 degrees, overcast and mildly humid. Can’t complain with that!

1 comment:

  1. Goats name is Honey. Lives over my back fence. I don't know why they walk it at the beach. Beats the snot out of any dog that tries to have a go at it. Flying headbutts.

    ReplyDelete