Wednesday 18 October 2017

Wednesday - 15km

I woke up feeling like death this morning. The past four days (& 31 years) had finally caught up to me. Motivation was low, but I dragged myself out (as you do). I was about to start when a car pulled over and told me to have a rest. It was Charlie. Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to say much, as the impatient driver behind started beeping their horn. So, “hello Charlie.” Speaking of Charlie, I’ve since learned that the goat I reported yesterday actually belongs to his neighbours, and it’s name is Honey. It also charges down any dog that tries to have a go at it, defying logic as to why you would walk it along a busy beachfront like Manly. You learn something everyday! Shelly-Fairlight loop this morning, and it was busy! People everywhere, to the point where I even did some steeplechasing at Manly LSC as the B&B swimmers were entering the water (and blocking the path, as they are so good at doing). Saw a number of people I knew including Christian, Justin, and Mike (who was doing B&B)! Like always, I really had to put the brakes on a few times today for fear of going too hard. Most notably at about the 4km mark, then along the west esplanade. A nice but firm northerly wind made the final mile cooler but tougher - the trade off being worth it as it was otherwise very humid around the harbour! Crossed the finish line in 54:06 (3:35’s), only a second slower than Monday! Without the steeplechasing, it would have been faster as well! So very happy with that, as it definitely didn’t feel like my morning this morning! Very tempting to jump in the water now, but I’m not falling for that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment