Saturday 2 December 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

It was one of those mornings when everything that could go wrong went wrong. I felt flat to start with, which is never good. Then I had to stop at both intersections on the way to the wharf. Then, it was a proper high tide, meaning I had to take the slow traverse across the rocks. I needed to go to the toilet! Then obviously I had to take the same traverse across the rocks upon return, before having to stop again at the intersection at Manly Wharf! And it was either bloody humid, or very windy! It just wasn’t my day! At least I got through it! I didn’t have it in me to push beyond any major limits today, but got home in 86:59 (4:21’s). Absolutely nothing special by any means, but I could almost take a minute off that with the high tide and then it is half respectable, especially considering that I wasn’t pushing it as hard as previous weeks. It’s tough running this time of year, you’ve just got to ignore the times and ensure not to push too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment