Saturday 9 December 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

I felt quite good today for a Saturday, probably a combination of slightly cooler weather and a nourishing dinner last night! Apart from getting slightly held up at the first intersection 500m into the run, I had no delays. A very low tide made the crossing from Forty Baskets to the start of the trail much more pleasant. Quite a few people out, and apart from some difficulties overtaking someone with headphones on going the same way as me, everyone was kind and courteous. So nothing for me to really whinge about this morning, which is a pleasant change. In fact, I felt great to the extent that at some points it was like I was bludging in terms of perceived exertion (I wasn’t). Good to get back home in a flashy 85:13 (4:15’s) feeling in control all the way. Not too far off my quickest - anything under 86 is fast enough at this time of year. Now back at home baking some granola while listening to David Bowie - I miss that guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment