Sunday 3 December 2017

Sunday - 30km

I’ve really struggled over the last few days - I think last Sunday’s run really took it out of me in that heat and humidity, combined with running it too fast. Me feelings were confirmed by both my heart rate and heart rate variability this morning, the former up by about 10 beats per minute (from 35 to 45) and the latter down by around 15-20 points (from 100 to 83). This was following a very low body weight of 58.0kg after yesterday’s run (too light)! No wonder I was feeling ordinary. I almost stayed in bed, but then knew I would be in a horrible mood for the rest of the day. Plus, it looked like a nice day outside. So the plan was to just run nice and easy to the fire station and return (20km). But simply backing the pace off did me the world of good, so much so that I had no trouble running the normal lap of the lake (30km). It probably helped that it was a bit cooler than usual, however this was counterbalanced by quite a strong headwind. Just got into a groove and really ensured that I cruised, anytime the breathing became laboured I backed it right off. And in the process, I thoroughly enjoyed being out there and just running! I crossed paths with Tom, Hamish and Craig at the 29km mark (I think they were just starting the same run, so I didn’t envy them in the slightest). Got home in 1:59:00 (3:58’s), so very happy with that considering how much easier and enjoyable it felt. I’ll take each day as it comes next week, keeping in mind that I’m well overdue for an easier few days or week.

No comments:

Post a Comment