Sunday 17 December 2017

Sunday - 30km

Much the same as yesterday - horrible running conditions! I actually started off in a storm this morning, a downpour hitting me about five minutes after I left. This included thunder and lightning. It didn’t last long, then the humidity really hit. It’s tough running in this, as I actually feel good but just can’t hit the same pace for a given intensity which is always frustrating. It’s probably worse when you are running by yourself, as at least when you are with others you all slow down to s similar degree - confirming your thoughts that it is the weather, not yourself going soft that is slowing you down. Around the lake as per usual, with nothing out of the ordinary to report. Although I did have quite a strong southerly headwind on return, just to add further insult to the conditions. Got back to Harris Farm in 1:59:00 (3:58’s), again, like yesterday, probably not a bad time given the humidity. Did I mention it was humid? Time for a swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment