Tuesday 5 December 2017

Tuesday - 15km

Back into it today after a (semi-)planned rest day yesterday. I struggled last week, primarily due to the humidity, but by the end of the week my performance was starting to drop off as well - a clear signal to schedule a rest day. I must say that I am better at doing this now, and am more sensitive to the needs of my body. So the plan this morning was to just get back out there and keep it comfortable and run on feel. That I did. Quite a welcomed drop in temperature, but this was offset by quite a strong southwesterly wind. Ran my preferred North Head loop, where the headwind was quite strong on the way out (and much appreciated on the return). The intensity and pace felt solid without ever approaching the red line. As always, I was tempted to push the final two kilometers along the beachfront, but just kept the pace consistent. Got back in a very solid 54:24 (3:37’s). The rest day did a world of good. Happy to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment