Tuesday 12 December 2017

Tuesday - 15km

Just as I had anticipated, this morning was tough! I felt good, it’s the weather that hit me for six! I recognise that this week I have to adjust my expectations given the heat and humidity, and just try to match my normal level of perceived exertion rather than overcook it (literally) to try and run in the 54’s each morning (I did that a few weeks ago and paid for it). Up to North Head this morning, really appreciating the small amounts of shade I could find along the way. The sun seriously had some bite to it! Pretty packed along the beachfront, everyone out to try and get in some last minute exercise and weight loss as they taper towards their Christmas celebrations. I got home in 55:29 (3:42’s), usually not something that I would be over the moon with, but not too bad at all given the conditions. More of the same is forecast for the next week, so perhaps 55 is the new 54? Time to jump into the ocean once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment