Wednesday 6 December 2017

Wednesday - 15km

What a turn around, I felt amazing this morning! I knew as soon as my alarm went off that I had surpassed that nagging fatigue that had hung around over the past week. Potentially the slightly cooler conditions and increasing the amount of food I ate yesterday also contributed. Out for the Shelly-Fairlight loop this morning, crossing paths with Macca on the way home (not used to seeing him running these days, he’s usually out swimming with B&B). Apart from almost getting collected by a cyclist who was flying upon the wrong side of the path while approaching the blind corner underneath Queenscliff Bridge (and she had a go at me???), there was nothing out of the ordinary to report. Felt strong the whole way, but actually didn’t push it into the red zone (despite some strong temptations along the way). A moderate southwesterly wind slowed things down a bit when running towards Manly. Super stoked to get back in 53:35 (3:34’s), mybthird fastest time ever (and I didn’t push it as hard as those two previous slightly faster times). Goes to prove once again the power of an extra rest day every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment