Wednesday 13 December 2017

Wednesday - 15km

Probably no need to state the obvious, but it was hot and humid again today. I woke up feeling a million dollars, I don’t know what I did differently yesterday to achieve this, so I’ve just got to roll with it when the opportunity presents. Out and about the busy Shelly-Fairlight loop seeing Darren, Justin, Laurent, and ‘Carbo’ (from channel 7’s Packed to the Rafters). Feeling good, I still kept the pace comfortable, backing off once or twice when I caught myself trying to push beyond what I should be. I’m even more wary in these conditions, as I know that one run overcooking it can leave an impact for weeks after (hello Melbourne Half Marathon 2015). Sweat was flicking off my wrists with every arm swing in the unshaded places (actually, that’s a lot of this course, North Head is the better option if you want shade - I’ll remember that tomorrow morning). Got back to North Steyne in a very swift 54:10 (3:36’s), much quicker than anticipated given the heat. Once again, it’s now time for a quick swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment