Saturday 10 March 2018

Saturday - 15km

Back to basics today, I really had to stay away from anything competitive and get my confidence back. After a week of feeling progressively worse, my fears of relapsing into a state of fatigue were sharp in my mind. So rather than doing a ParkRun, a tempo session, or a Manly2Spit run, I decided to re-run my Thursday run up to North Head. From the first few steps I knew that I was in a better place than Thursday, and from there I simply kept the pace solid but held back ever so slightly. While running, my thoughts were that I was running just over 56 to 56:30 pace. So it was a nice surprise to get back home in 55:15 (3:41’s), quite a good time under normal circumstances - let alone on a day where I was rebuilding. I’m happy, but even more relieved, after that. The temptation to add in a few efforts at the end (i.e. some 400’s, a short tempo, or even 15 secs on/15 secs off) was (and still is) certainly there, but I don’t need to risk it having (what feels like) just escaped a major setback. I’ll now do my usual long run tomorrow and then back into a normal week again next week (perhaps with ParkRun if all goes to plan). Two days since I eliminated the oats and I’m feeling better again? Cause or placebo?

No comments:

Post a Comment