Thursday 15 March 2018

Thursday - 15km

I already knew yesterday that I was going to struggle this morning given the level of perceived effort during my Wednesday run. So no surprises when I eventually got out there this morning and started running. I simply just adjusted he pace to run at the speed that my body would allow, without overstraining. And in that regard, it felt easier than yesterday. But it was definitely slower. My goal then became to firstly try to run faster than last Thursday (which I was confident of doing), and secondly to sneak under 57 minutes. I managed the latter, getting to North Head and back in 56:51 (3:47’s). Definitely nowhere near my fastest, but it’s an improvement on my disaster of a week last week - which I’ll take as a sign of encouragement. All-in-all, I managed four great runs and two very average runs this week, so in hindsight that’s actually quite good. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. Not too sure about Parkrun on Saturday given how I felt this morning - might be best to play it safe and just run another lap of North Head like last Saturday, which I actually really enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment