Thursday 8 March 2018

Thursday - 15km

I felt absolutely terrible this morning, so much so that I almost didn’t run. And then when I started running, it was a constant battle to convince myself not to stop. This week has been very challenging to say the least, I’ve felt off every day, and today was the absolute worse. The only thing that I’ve changed over the last six months (the six months in which I have felt fantastic for) is adding oats back into my breakfast since last Sunday? So I’ll go back to my normal oat-free granola from today onwards and see if that helps. I also just remembered that I have a written out script for a blood test, so I might head down to Manly this morning and take it just to double check that everything is ok. When I say I feel terrible, it’s not just the running that is harder - I’ve been having GIT pains and headaches at work this week, not severe but definitely noticeable. So it could be the oats, or it could be that I’m lacking in something? Anyway, I’m actually glad that I managed to complete the run this morning, albeit slower than usual. Ran up to North Head on a beautiful morning, a slight southerly to keep me whinging along the beachfront. Got back home in a slower than usual (as expected) 57:51 (3:51’s), which ironically was faster than I had anticipated. Rest day tomorrow! I was initially planning to do ParkRun on Saturday, but given how I’m feeling at the moment, I might just stick to a weekday 15km run around Manly instead. That way I can run at the exact pace that my body lets me without feeling any added pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment