Tuesday 6 March 2018

Tuesday - 15km

I got absolutely smashed in that wind this morning! I wasn’t feeling amazing by any means today, so to add in a strong southerly to an already hilly North Head loop was just cruel! Looking at my one kilometer splits, you can clearly tell when I was running straight into the headwind, especially with an over four minute second kilometer (a good 20-25 seconds slower than usual). Things weren’t much better up at North Head, with the wind really strong at the southern end near Fairfax Loop. Not much you can do about that, other than simply put your head down and grind away at the same intensity as usual (which is exactly what I ended up doing, knowing that it was going to be a slow time). And right I was, getting home in just under 57 minutes (3:47’s), the slowest (but also the windiest) North Head loop I’ve done in a long long time. At least I know it is not a lack of fitness, as I showed last week that I’ve still got something left in my legs. Looking forward to some more normal conditions soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment